.: Chiel Ro :.
Please always be updated by visiting the Announcement Thread!! Thank YOu~

By : Admins
Please always be updated by visiting the Announcement Thread!! Thank YOu~

By : Admins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like No Other ...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Server Still on Process~

In My Opinion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vapid Decree
Rank C Member
Rank C Member
Vapid Decree

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 am

Pure opinion, feedback is welcome:

I'm going to list couple things I would love to see the server try.

Reducing mvp card drop rates to 5%. I have couple outlooks on this one. One, it would make them more valuable and people will actually vend them. Which would bring me to my next point I'm going to list in a minute. Second, you're trying to make the quests for the customs very difficult to obtain. Why then make mvp cards a piece of cake to get?

Not that I'm not happy but the economy of this server is going to be shitty. Items such as broken crown could not even be vended because people will overprice this thing for at least 100~500 credits in the future. Sidenote: increase max zeny carried to 2b. Speaking of money, it would be much easier to deal with zeny than credits. My proposal is to make 1b=1 credit. A rich person would then have around 10 credits and should be able to afford everything. How is this possible? Starting from square one. An ideal example of this would be making a gr card worth 350m. For that to happen there must availability and balance. A card should be worth the same amount of a custom. I'll talk about customs in a bit. At the moment a gr card is worthless when compared to a custom. This server will not have any vending going without zeny. There are people like me that like to go out in the mall and look around at what I'd like to buy. That is the first thing I do when I enter a new server. If their vending isn't functional then there is something hoax going on with voting/donating/retarded server currency. An mvp card should not be worth more than 2b in this economy, meaning making ridiculous quests to get a gtb card isn't necassary. The mvp has a low card drop already and there is nothing wrong with the regular gtb effect. This isn't a super highrate server, it's a highrate. I understand you're trying to make it like no other but you've created a hybrid which doesn't do so well.

Customs should ALL be nerfed. The damage increase the and resistance you've got going could be used on a super highrate. I've already played half geared High Wizard(which isn't a pvp character despite what you may think) and I can one shot people with certain items. A custom does not need 5 different skills and abilities to be functional, boost like maya purple effect alone is fine. If you want to add status bonuses, keep it reasonable and don't just whip out a 210 dex on a wing. For a clown or a sniper that's 100% attack increase from just one item. Now, the most painful part you may find. The quests for the customs are completely idiotic. I know they're supposed to be all powerful but what kind of a moron would wait 10 days to get 20 broken crowns? Forget waiting, keeping track of the spawn time of Beerzebub is what I meant. Again, this is where my Dead Branch rant comes. There was no need to take out MVP spawns. You're restricting players into playing, not letting them play by will. People will still farm the MVP spawns, and some will use Dead Branches. If you're going to argue about how satisfied you should feel after making a custom then that depends on the person. You can challenge yourself to only gather items from mvp spawns if you wish but other people want to move on and enjoy the game. I understand Bloody Branches will be available but why not make that a reward of Devil Square?(Will mention later.) People will have the cards you've desperetaly tried to keep them away from no matter how long it takes. There is no reason to send anyone through this misery to get a GTB card. Halving the mvp card drop rates will not take as long as the farming quest but it will still set a boundry you desire for players to have. As for the thanatos cards, I'll talk about that later and you'll see how it'll connect to what I've written above. Now let's take the resistance. I guess it doesn't really matter with overpowered customs like that. All should be nerfed down to ground level. Personally, I'd recommend using the slotted raging armors. Finally, I don't have a problem with customs at all being in a server, but again, the amount of items required to make a custom needs to go down with the power of items.

Stats have a couple of things to them. I liked being frozen for 3 seconds at 200 luk. I liked not being sleepy at 99 int. I liked not having to stun at 99 vit. I'm sure other people like that too. Even if you're not able to use all of these properties there are still choices such as stone curse, freezing, COMA..etc. If you don't want to get hit by coma, get higher flee. If you don't want to be stone cursed, get two gemini cards or an undead armor. Wasting headgear slots with orc hero and other unecassary cards is not fine. It would be fine if you had more headgear slots, but then it would throw in elemental resistants where I don't want to go. I understand and see that you're trying to make people be conscious about what cards they slot in their headgear but going this far into game mechanics is a big no. As long as we're on stats let's talk about gear bonuses. NO, NO, NO.

Devil Square would soooooo fun. All I'm asking is, once per hour a round of Devil Square. I've made a thread about this a while back but no one has said anything about it. This kinda intercepts my idea of voting for rewards but you can make the treasure boxes at the end drop special coins for items being vended. Would love to see bubble gum, enriched elu/ori, bloody brances, random cute headgears and random boxes containing a pet egg. The pet egg could have any monster in Ragnarok and would make the server more lively.

I've spoken to Chiel about a rebirth system. I've told him that we should drop rebirth items at woe treasure boxes so people will have a reason to woe. The idea behind a rebirth would be 300 extra status points per rebirth for the next 10 rebirths. Each one up rebirth would cost more but the rebirth items would make an economy bloom. People will want to get stronger, join guilds an battle each other for fun or for items. Chiel said he'd think about this for WoE SE and for regular WoE he may put quest loots for rewards.

One last thing, skill delay. Right now you have the server set to no stat boosts meaning tons of skill delay. Honestly when I kill things with a melee character I do more dps with pure melee than skills. So can you count how many time I hit the monster before it died? The same applies to skills. What use are they to me if I can only use them once every 2 seconds? Take Sharp Shooting for example. You can't spam it, so the enemy gets near you. You can't Arrow Repel because you're still on Sharp Shooting cooldown. If you're worried about stunlock then take a look at the custom item list with all the endures and not to mention you can always cloak, hide, or use a card. At least try this for a day.

Keeping the server online as much as possible is critical. If the server is offline, then people can't register on the cp. Chiel RO is off during the day in the U.S., that's where a large portion of your players is going to come from. Who knows how many people couldn't join because of this, they're not coming back. Another thing is the download client for the server. It's bloody slow! Upload the files to a place where you don't get restricted to download 100 kb/sec.

Also want to know how the progress on the dungeon is going and new customs.

Anyone a comment?

Last edited by Vapid Decree on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peewee
Retired Graphics GM
Retired Graphics GM
peewee

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:55 pm

continue it first ^_^
Back to top Go down
Acelora
Acelora

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Yes, the Credits. I would love to make them like 1b for each or so.

2nd if we do that, we'll have to WIPE all credits in Game to make them more valuable, we can decrease the drop rate too. For the treasure boxes, i can use the rare items in there Eg. Cat thread, etc. about the Resistance, it will be a No go. It's pretty Fun to lose stats(Archangel cards) in exchange of immunity. About the skills, LoL it would suck to see people spamming 1 skill to kill. Gear bonuses, i can lessen every stats of the custom and stuffs, Nerf them for short. I would love the rebirth system. That wouldn't be a problem. But to put every suggestion you gave, i'll have to Wipe the server and make the people start from scratch.

Devil square isn't on my hands or other Dungeons And yes, Keeping the server 24/7. I myself would love that but sadly we don't force people to Donate, we may use our own money to keep it alive, i wouldn't mind doing that but we'll need more people in the server first.

Lastly a WIPE would do, this would make the server harder though and everyone will have to start from scratch, Using a bot would not be an option now so for the botters on the past.
Back to top Go down
http://chielro.tk
Vapid Decree
Rank C Member
Rank C Member
Vapid Decree

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I don't mind wiping all credits. A credit should have the most zeny/item value in the game. It can actually stay since it's worth about 10m. Make a new currency like a Gold Coin worth 1b. What would work is 2 Gold Coins per a thanatos card. Not everyone will be able to afford it and it will have the same effect of obtaining it as it is right now. The way I proposed would make it possible for others to obtain. If rebirths will be applied then people will put their extra stats into vit, thus increasing exposure to thanatos card. You would actually have a need for it, rather than what you got going now. Maxing out a status or two takes away a giant portion of your stats, leaving barely any room for vit. People will reconsider their builds instead of feeding their stat points into vit. I can see the future of this server with barely any thanatos cards flying around and everything all beefed up on hp.

People will still spam one skill in pvp depending on their class. Usually a champ will go for Finger Offensive and Asura, Sniper for Sharp Shooting and Arrow Repel...etc. People still spam the same skills, regarding of delay. Without delay you would have to think faster, act quicker and make the right choices for gear. All I've said is to try it, see if people like and ask what they would prefer.

Another idea, make a ygg and a none-ygg pvp room. Not being able to heal in pvp is a poor way to fight someone when they got the jump on you.
Back to top Go down
Acelora
Acelora

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:21 pm

lol we have tried the skills, giving them no delay would suck out the server
Back to top Go down
Vapid Decree
Rank C Member
Rank C Member
Vapid Decree

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:04 pm

With delay you're exluding important pvp skills from Ragnarok. People will be restricted to use multiple hit skills or the ones with short or little delay. If you're going to say it would suck then give a reason. It takes about two seconds to get a SS off, where DS is about .3 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Acelora
Acelora

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Well i still made some skills spammable, EG. DS/Bash/etc
Back to top Go down
Vapid Decree
Rank C Member
Rank C Member
Vapid Decree

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 pm

That's exactly what I'm getting at. What's the difference between spamming these single skills and being able to spam a variety of skills for each class?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In My Opinion Empty
PostSubject: Re: In My Opinion   In My Opinion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In My Opinion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.: Chiel Ro :. :: Request and Suggestions :: Suggestions-
Jump to: